If you’re like most lasagna lovers, you know there’s nothing quite like a big, hearty slice of this Italian-American classic. And if you’re looking for the best way to make your lasagna – and avoid any dreaded messes in the process – you need to get your hands on an America’s Test Kitchen best lasagna pan.
With its unique design, this pan makes it easy to layer your noodles and sauce without them sliding around or sticking together, resulting in a perfect final product every time. So why not try out this must-have kitchen tool for yourself? You won’t regret it!
List of The Best Lasagna Pan America’s Test Kitchen In 2022
What is a Lasagna Pan?
A lasagna pan is a baking dish that is used to make traditional Italian lasagna. The pan is typically rectangular in shape and has deep sides so that the lasagna can be layered easily. It also has a large surface area so that the lasagna can cook evenly.
There are many different brands and sizes of lasagna pans available on the market. Some are made from stainless steel while others are made from non-stick materials. They range in price from around $10 to $50.
What are some of the benefits of a Lasagna Pan?
There are many benefits to using a lasagna pan when making lasagna. Here are some of the most important ones:
1. The deep sides make it easy to layer the ingredients and create a thick, sturdy lasagna.
2. The large surface area ensures that the lasagna cooks evenly and doesn’t burn on the bottom.
3. The rectangular shape is perfect for fitting into ovens and makes it easy to serve portions once it is cooked.
4. Some pans come with non-stick surfaces which make cleaning up a breeze.
5. Lasagna pans are typically affordable and can be found at most kitchen stores.
So, if you are looking for an easy way to make traditional Italian lasagna, a lasagna pan is the perfect tool for the job. Just be sure to choose the size and brand that best suits your needs.
List of The America’s Test Kitchen Best Lasagna Pan Reviews in 2022
Top 1 – Cuisinart 6117-14 Nonstick Hard Anodized 14-Inch Lasagna Pan
The Cuisinart 6117-14 Chef’s Classic is named America’s Test Kitchen Best Lasagna Pan – and for good reasons. From a reputable brand to high-quality materials, purchasing this deep-dish lasagna pan will give you peace of mind.
It features hard-anodized construction for improved durability and long-lasting service. This heirloom rocks a Quantanium Nonstick surface to offer ease of use – effortless food release and quick cleanup.
Plus, its bottom is curved to help improve this pan’s food release performance. However, the Cuisinart 6117-14 Chef’s Classic requires handwashing, which isn’t tedious – thanks to its superior nonstick surface.
Furthermore, this 14-inch lasagna pan has stainless steel riveted handles for an easy life, handling and transportation. Also, this model works well with all standard ovens.
While this lasagna pan delivers equal heat dispersion, it’s best not to use it for broiling. It’s not safe to use nonstick cookware at high temperatures.
- Large baking surface
- Works well with all standard ovens
- Large baking surface
- Stainless steel riveted handles for easy grip and comfortable handling
- The nonstick performance deteriorate gradually
Top 2 – Emile Henry HR Modern Classics Rectangular Baker
This high-end cookware comes in a red ceramic, offering a classy appearance. This large bakeware is perfect for just about any lasagna need. It’s made from high-fired burgundy clay known for excellent heat retention and distribution.
Thus, you can rely on the Emile Henry HR Modern Classics Large Rectangular Baker to cook your food evenly in your standard oven and maintain the content’s temperature for an extended period.
That’s not all: this unit can withstand high temperatures up to 520 degrees F and is suitable for use in microwaves, broilers, and ovens. Thanks to its high resistance against temperature changes, this bakeware can go from the freezer to an oven and back to the table without cracking.
In addition, the Emile Henry HR Modern Classics Large Rectangular Baker comes with great handles for easy grip and comfortable handling, even with bulky oven mitts. With its 3-inch depth, this product can accommodate about 6 layers of lasagna without spilling over.
Not just lasagna, this bakeware is handy for cooking other dishes, from gratins to tiramisu and anything in between. Unlike our top choice, this model can be tossed into your dishwasher for convenient cleanup. However, you can hand wash with soap and water for a more thorough cleanup.
Best part of it all, the manufacturer offers a 10-year warranty which reduces the risk of purchasing this bakeware.
- Thermal-shock resistant
- Oven safe up to 500 degrees F
- High-quality Burgundy clay
- Scratch-resistant and dishwasher-friendly
- 10-year manufacturer’s warranty
- Made of ceramic which requires extra caution when handling
- On the heavier side
Top 3 – Cuisinart 7117-14RR Lasagna Pan with Stainless Roasting Rack
If you are not looking to splurge on high-end models, then this mid-priced lasagna pan from Cuisinart is worth considering. This product is made of stainless steel, which guarantees this model will last long and won’t react with your food. Plus, it fits in all standard ovens.
The easy-to-grip handles are riveted into the lasagna pan for secure and safe handling. The pan is about 18-inch long with deep depth to allow you to make tall, multi-layered lasagnas without spilling over or creating a mess.
One of the many perks of the Cuisinart 7117-14RR Lasagna Pan is the included roasting rack that comes in handy for making delicious roasted chicken, turkey, etc. this extra accessory offers incredible versatility. It gets the most out of the pan.
That’s not all: it comes with a mirrored finish for a timeless look and adds a classy look to your kitchen. Plus, it weighs less than 5 pounds, making it lighter and easier to handle than glass, cast iron and ceramic models of a similar size.
Unlike ceramic pans, this mid-range bakeware can’t handle sudden temperature changes., as it tends to warp when placed into your freezer from an oven. Another drawback of Cuisinart 7117-14RR Lasagna Pan with Stainless Roasting Rack is its slightly challenging cleanup.
But luckily, it’s dishwasher safe for a convenient cleaning experience. On top of that, you get a limited lifetime warranty to protect you from workmanship’s defects.
- It comes with a roasting rack
- Sturdy stainless steel construction for durability and lightweight
- It fits in all standard ovens
- Riveted comfortable stainless side handles
- Limited lifetime warranty
- It tends to warp under sudden temperature changes
- Not supplied with a lid
Top 4 – All-Clad Stainless Steel Lasagna Pan
All-Clad is also one of the leading brands in this space, with a line of premium cookware at high prices. The All-Clad Stainless Steel Lasagna Pan is no exception. It comes with a hefty price, and it’s worth its weight in gold.
To begin with, this pan features rugged stainless steel construction with an aluminum base offering reliable warp resistance. The handles are riveted to the pan vertically for easy life and transport. Also, it offers plenty of cooking space to accommodate up to 4 rows of lasagna.
More important, it’s broiler and oven safe up to 600 degrees F. While you can’t place the BPA-free plastic lid inside the oven, it is handy for preserving your leftovers in the freezer.
This America’s Test Kitchen best lasagna pan is suitable for cooking just about anything, from meatloaf to casseroles, enchiladas, and vegetables. It features round edges to prevent accidents and allows users to lift out the lasagna using a spatula easily.
- Limited lifetime warranty
- Dishwasher safe
- It comes with a BPA-free plastic lid
- Warp-resistant aluminum base
- On the pricey side
Top 5 – HIC Oblong Rectangular Baking Dish Roasting Lasagna Pan
Another mid-range priced pan is the HIC Oblong Rectangular Baking Dish. This gorgeous bakeware can double as a serving pan. It’s hard not to love the pan with its classy white finish.
Thanks to its unique handle design, this pan is easy to lift, carry, handle and store. It offers enough space to make a multi=layer lasagna without creating a mess.
This versatile baking dish is also suitable for making baked ziti, quiches, cakes, casseroles, and more. This unit is broiler and oven safe up to 500 degrees. Even better, its glazed finish makes it easier to clean by hand and toss into the dishwasher for quick cleanup.
- Dishwasher and freezer safe
- Microwave, broiler and oven safe up to 500 degrees F
- Beautiful white finish
- Double well as a serving pan
- Made from fragile porcelain
Factors to Consider When Buying the America’s Test Kitchen best lasagna pan
- Shape: The pan should be rectangular in shape with deep sides. This will help when layering the ingredients for a lasagna and create a thick, sturdy lasagna.
- Size: The pan should come in either a 9×13 inch or an 11×15 inch size. This will depend on how much lasagna you want to make.
- Material: The pan can be made from a variety of materials. It is important to pick one that is oven and stove-top safe.
- Ease of Handling: The pan should have a comfortable handle that will make it easy to grip and move around.
- Nonstick Surface: A nonstick surface is a must-have feature when looking for a lasagna pan. This will help to prevent food from sticking and make clean-up a breeze.
- Price: The price of the lasagna pan will depend on the brand and size that you choose. But, most pans range from $10 to $50.
When looking for the best lasagna pan America’s Test Kitchen for your needs, it is important to keep these factors in mind. By choosing the right pan, you will be able to make the perfect lasagna every time.
Types Material of Lasagna Pan America’s Test Kitchen
There are a few different materials that lasagna pans can be made out of. But, the most common ones are aluminum, ceramic, glass, cast iron, stainless steel, and silicone. So, what are the benefits of each material?
- Aluminum: Aluminum is a lightweight metal that is affordable and easy to clean. It heats up quickly and distributes heat evenly, which makes it a great choice for lasagna pans.
- Ceramic: Ceramic is a durable material that heats up slowly and evenly. This makes it a great choice for lasagna pans, as it prevents the lasagna from burning on the bottom.
- Glass: Glass is a non-stick and oven-safe material that heats up evenly. This makes it a great choice for lasagna pans, as it prevents the lasagna from sticking and burning.
- Cast Iron: Cast iron is a dense and heavy metal that heats up slowly and evenly. This makes it a great choice for lasagna pans, as it prevents the lasagna from burning on the bottom.
- Stainless Steel: Stainless steel is a durable and heat-resistant metal that heats up quickly and distributes heat evenly. This makes it a great choice for lasagna pans.
- Silicone: Silicone is a heat-resistant and non-stick material that is easy to clean. It is also microwave and dishwasher safe. Silicone is a good choice for lasagna pans because it is flexible and will not break or warp.
So, what is the best material for a lasagna pan? The answer depends on your needs and preferences. But, most people prefer ceramic, glass, or stainless steel pans because they heat evenly and are easy to clean. Keep these factors in mind when choosing the best material for your lasagna pan.
What is the best material for a lasagna pan?
The best material for a lasagna pan depends on your needs and preferences. Most people prefer ceramic, glass, or stainless steel pans because they heat evenly and are easy to clean. Keep these factors in mind when choosing the best material for your lasagna pan. Enjoy!
What is the best size for a lasagna pan?
There are many different sizes and brands of lasagna pans available on the market. But, if you are looking for the best pan to make traditional Italian lasagna, a 9 x 13 inch or an 11 x 15 inch pan is ideal. These pans have deep sides which make it easy to layer the ingredients and create a thick, sturdy lasagna.
And, the large surface area ensures that the lasagna cooks evenly and doesn’t burn on the bottom. So, if you are looking for an easy way to make traditional Italian lasagna, a lasagna pan is the perfect tool for the job. Just be sure to choose the size and brand that best suits your needs.
What type of pan is best for lasagna?
There are many different types of pans available on the market that can be used to make lasagna. But, if you are looking for the best pan to make traditional Italian lasagna, a glass or ceramic pan is ideal.
These pans heat evenly and distribute heat well, which helps to prevent the lasagna from burning on the bottom. They are also non-stick, which makes them easy to clean. So, if you are looking for an easy way to make traditional Italian lasagna, a glass or ceramic pan is the best tool for the job.
What are the benefits of silicone lasagna pans?
There are a few benefits of using silicone lasagna pans.
First, silicone is a heat-resistant and non-stick material that is easy to clean. It is also microwave and dishwasher safe.
Second, silicone is flexible and will not break or warp. This makes it a good choice for lasagna pans because it is durable and will not damage easily.
Third, silicone is a good choice for people with allergies because it does not contain any harmful chemicals or materials. Finally, silicone is a good choice for people who want to avoid using nonstick cooking sprays because it is a naturally nonstick material. So, if you are looking for a durable and easy-to-clean lasagna pan, silicone is a good choice.
If you are in the market for a lasagna pan, the America’s Test Kitchen best lasagna pan is a great option. This pan has been tested and approved by the experts at America’s Test Kitchen, so you can be sure that it will produce perfect lasagnas every time.