Are you looking for the best stainless steel rice cooker? If so, then you’ve come to the right place! We have researched and written this blog post on how to find the perfect one. This is a rather long post with all of our findings about these products, but we hope that it will be helpful in your search.
The rice cooker is a staple appliance in the kitchen and it’s important to know how to use one. A stainless steel rice cooker can be a great option for those who are looking for an easy-to-use, versatile machine that will last them for years.
Reviews of the 7 Best Stainless Steel Rice Cooker in 2021
Here are top the best rice cooker with stainless steel inner pot
#1. Zojirushi Micom Rice Stainless Steel Warmer & Cooker- Best Overall
One of the best rice cookers in the market today is this Zojirushi Micom Rice Warmer and Cooker. It will not only make it easy for you to enjoy eating rice that is perfectly steamed without any guesswork, but it is also very simple use.
Some of the amazing features that you will love about this rice cooker is that it has a triple heater for even heating by generating heat all round. Lastly, this rice cooker comes with different special settings for cooking of warming different kinds of rice and can easily adjusts cooking temperatures and time automatically, thanks to the microcomputer.
- It has a removable steam vent to prevent messy overflows
- It has a retractable cord hence very easy to store
- The inner lid is washable and detachable
- It has a multi menu cooking functions
- Not suitable for cooking jasmine rice
#2. COMFEE’ Programmable Stainless Steel Multi Cooker
Another stainless rice cooker that will help you achieve the best cooking performance every time is this COMFEE Asian Style Programmable Multi Cooker. It has 17 different digital cooking programs and will help you make your specialty and healthy food with just one appliance.
The best thing about this rice cooker is that it is very safe for all kinds of pressure cooker and you can even use it on stove. Moreover, it has a cool touch handles that will always ensure your safety when you close or open the cooker.
- The cooker is very easy to clean.
- It has a 10 cup ultra-capacity.
- It is user friendly and has a digital LED display and sensitive touch panel.
- This stainless rice cooker comes with one-year manufacturer’s guarantee.
- Only keep the rice warm for 12 hours.
#3. Cuisinart Stainless Steel Rice Cooker
If you are looking for a stainless steel rice cooker that will help you make a perfect fluffy rice, then this Cuisinart Rice cooker will be the right choice for you. The best thing about this rice cooker is that it has a built in tray steam that can help you steam other foods while your rice is still cooking. It also has engineered steam vents that will help prevent splattering. Moreover, it has handles that are chrome plated that always stay cool.
- This stainless rice cooker is very easy to clean.
- It has chrome plated handles.
- It has warm and cool indicator lights and automatic switches.
- Comes with 3-year manufacturers guarantee.
- The rice cooker is not very durable.
#4. Hamilton Beach Stainless Steel Food Steamer & Rice Cooker
You can also consider buying this Hamilton Beach Digital Programmable food steamer and rice cooker, it will help you make a complete and a balanced meal very easily. You can use it to cook whole grains and rice while also steaming poultry, vegetables and sea food in the integrated basket. It has a very compact design hence it’s very easy to store. Other amazing features of this rice cooker is that it has preprogrammed settings. It also comes with a rice rinser.
- It is very easy to use.
- It is compact hence very easy to store.
- It comes with a rice rinser.
- Can prepare up to 15 cups of cooked rice.
- It is poorly designed.
- Rice takes more than 45 minutes regardless of the amount
#5. BLACK+DECKER 16 Stainless Steel Rice Cooker and Food Steamer
Black Decker 16 Rice cooker and food steamer is designed in such a way that it will help you prepare meals for large family gathering, it has an extra-large capacity. It has a removable cooking bowl and it is nonstick hence it is very easy to clean. Moreover, it comes with an additional steaming basket that helps in increasing your cooking options. Lastly it has a tempered glass lid to prevent splitting while the rice is cooking.
- It comes with all accessories for dishwasher.
- It has removable nonstick bowl hence very easy to clean.
- It keeps rice warm for a long time after cooking is complete.
- It is very large, 16 cup capacity.
- It comes with a steaming basket.
- It’s not very durable.
#6. Aroma Stainless Stainless Steel Rice Cooker & Warmer
You can also enjoy cooking your rice at home with Aroma stainless rice cooker and warmer. It has a capacity of 2 to 6 cups of rice. The best thing about this cooker is that it automatically switches off when your rice is ready and you don’t have to stir or monitor. Moreover, it is very easy to clean since its made of stainless steel and it is dishwasher safe.
- It is very easy to clean and its dishwasher safe
- It has a compact design
- It comes with a free spatula
- It automatically switches off when rice is ready
- It splits and splatters while cooking
#7. Aroma Housewares Stainless Steel Rice & Grain Cooker
Last but not least, you can also consider buying this Aroma Housewares 2020 model rice and grain cooker. It has specialized functions for almost everything that you want to prepare for dinner. the best thing about this cooker is that it has a steam tray and it automatically switches off when your rice is ready. It also has a programmable 15-hour delay timer that will be perfect for you and your family if you will be on the go.
- It is very easy to clean
- It is very easy to use and has programmable digital controls
- It is made of extra durable coating that is scratch resistance.
- It has 7 different automated controls
- The timer only works for rice
Buying guide for the best stainless steel rice cookers
Having gone through the above list of top quality rice cookers, it is time to have a look at what made them our top choices. Here are some of the reasons you need to look out to.
The amount of rice to be cooked should inform your choice for a stainless steel rice cooker. Are you a family guy? How many people will you be preparing rice for at ago? Well, the size of the cooker determines the amount of rice to be served.
You should also be aware that 0ne cup of uncooked rice will always yield 2 cups of cooked rice. When choosing a cooker based on size, it is recommended that you buy a slightly bigger one as you can cook less rice and at times much in it.
A smaller one can never be useful when for example when you have visitors.
The versatility of a cooker, depends on the number of pre-programmed settings it comes with in its processor. The higher the number of programs to choose from, the higher the options of cooking rice plus other foodstuffs you have.
Choose a model that allows you to cook varieties of rice like brown, glutinous or white rice. The most efficient models are the automatic ones with clear and easy to operate displays.
Stainless rice cookers can be bought in different prices. There is absolutely no standard price for rice cookers. You can find a top quality cooker at a relatively fair price. The price in most cases is dependent on the features and functions the unit can perform.
Avoid cheap units as they usually don’t last long. That shouldn’t mean that the most expensive are the best. Just choose on a product that will definitely meet your needs.
- Safety Features
These units do operate at extreme temperature and pressure conditions. If left unchecked, these high temperatures and pressure can be too dangerous. For these reasons, you need to choose a cooker that guarantees your safety.
An ideal one should be fitted with an automatic switch to shift it to warming mode cooking is done. The unit should stop whenever the cooking cycle is complete so that you don’t burn the rice and by extension burn your house.
A dry-run safety protection feature is also another important one.
Why Choose Stainless Steel?
Stainless steel rice cooker cost more than the aluminum one. But looks can deceive, as the latter may be extremely harmful to your health and your family’s. The non-stick coating from aluminum ones is usually made with PFOA (perfluorooctanoic acid). This chemical has been associated with cancer.
Advantages of Best Stainless Steel Rice Cooker:
1) The cooking pot is made of thick premium stainless steel without any plastic or rubber parts that can melt into your food during cooking process. It ensures safe use and easy cleaning afterwards; no stains will be left on the inner part of the rice cooker bowl after several uses – this makes it very hygienic as you won’t have to worry about mold or bacteria.
2) The rice cooker with ceramic lining works very well for brown rice, sushi rice and glutinous rice – they always come out perfectly cooked; no lumpy texture, terribly mushy or undercooked at all. Thickness of the cooking pot is very important when it comes to heat conduction. A thick pot will ensure that your food cooks slowly at low temperature without burning stuck at the bottom of the bowl. This way you can enjoy “al dente” dishes as they were intended to be!
3) This rice cooker is designed for long term use and daily usage (unlike aluminum ones). The exterior may look nice but it doesn’t mean that it’s not durable too. The inner pot is removable, which makes it much easier to clean than other types of rice cookers. It’s dishwasher safe so you don’t have to worry about soaking the pot in water and using special scrubbers.
4) It looks elegant on any kitchen countertop and it has a sturdy structure that will last for years (not something aluminum ones can boast). Stainless steel rice cooker should be your #1 choice if you’re looking for an appliance that will help you create sumptuous meals with little effort. It doesn’t require constant supervision while cooking as well – just put all your ingredients into the bowl, press the start button and go do something else…
5) While aluminum ones are not dishwasher safe and the non-stick material may eventually start coming off in your food – stainless steel rice cooker is free of chemicals that could be harmful for your health.
6) Stainless steel rice cooker also works as a steamer (this function can be controlled separately using the + / – buttons). This way you can steam two different types of food at the same time without mixing their flavors together.
7) Cooking time is not fixed on stainless steel rice cooker like with aluminum ones; instead, you have an option to choose between 1150W or 700W power supply. Lower or higher temperature will affect cooking time accordingly.
Types Of Rice Cookers
There are basically three types of rice cookers:
- Conventional Rice Cooker
This is an inexpensive, simple rice cooker. You put your rice and water in, turn it on, and leave it to cook. It can also be left to keep the rice warm after cooking if you need to go out for a while.
- Microwave Rice Cooker
Microwave rice cooker is made of a special microwave-safe material. You put your rice and water into it and cook it in the microwave oven until done.
- Micom Rice Cooker (or Food Steamer)
Micom rice cooker has a higher degree of automation than the conventional type. It can cook rice as well as steam other foods such as vegetables or meat while making use of the same amount of electricity.
A special feature in some models is that when the rice has finished cooking, it switches over to keeping warm mode so there’s no need to worry about overcooking your rice.
Frequently Asked Questions
- How to use a rice cooker
Using a rice cooker is not very difficult as it seems. Here are the steps that you can follow if you don’t know where to start from.
- Measure the amount of rice you want to cook
- Rinse the rise then put it on the cooker
- Measure water and add to the cooker, the amount of water you put depends on the type of rice you are cooking.
- Put on the lid and switch on the cooker to cook or boil for about 10 minutes
- Lift up the lid and confirm if your rice is ready
- Which rice to use in a rice cooker?
There is no specific rice to be used in a rice cooker. You can cook all types of rice including long grain, short grain, basmati, white, and even wild rice. All you to be keen on is the amount of water you use, especially if your rice cooker does not have different settings.
- How much water to use
There is no standard amount of water to be used when cooking rice in a rice cooker. The amount of water you used depends entirely on you and the type of rice you are using. Some types of rice require you to put little amount of water while other require a lot of water. However, it is always advised that the ratio of water and rice should be 1:1. That means one cup of water for every cup of rice.
Revolutionize your cooking by investing in the best stainless steel rice cooker. As you have already seen above, there are lots of benefits in owning a high quality rice cooker. Before you buy any rice cooker, make use of the buyers’ guide above.
Of the products reviewed above, Zojirushi Micom Rice Warmer & Cooker beats the rest to the overall prize. It’s easy to use, comes with important accessories, easy to store, durable and non-stick among others. The other 6 products are also top quality in their own ways. You can trust this product when it comes to quality rice meals. We look forward to your comments and reviews.